Educational Institution develops portable pyrolysis unit - Green Chennai @ GreenExpo
Environmental Research and Innovation - Educational Institutions
Educational Institution develops portable pyrolysis unit
A ward-level solution to plastic waste using pyrolysis
Students of IIT Madras have come up with a solution to tackle non-recyclable plastic waste, by converting it into oil through pyrolysis.
- A kilogram of plastic can produce 500 – 700 ml of oil depending on the plastic quality used.
- It takes 90 minutes from the time plastic waste is fed into the pyrolysis unit to the time it is converted into oil, which can be used in generators, motor boats and irrigation pumpsets.
- The team also designed a mobile, transportable unit that can be installed in sorting centres at the ward or zonal garbage segregation centres.
Type of News
Startup or entrepreneur effort
- Pyrolysis of plastic waste
- Chennai plastic pyrolysis
- How does plastic pyrolysis work?
- What can plastic pyrolysis oil be used for?
- Plastic pyrolsis challenges
- Can any plastic be used for pyrolysis?
- Small scale plastic pyrolysis
- Uses of pyrolysis oil