Individual aims to initiate conversation on sparrow population - Green Chennai @ GreenExpo
Society Minded Person
Eco-friendly project/ Initiatives - Individual Effort
Individual aims to initiate conversation on sparrow population
The sparrow saviour who distributed 1700 nests across India
Sadhana Rajkumar, the nutritionist-turned-conservationist went on a crusade to bring back the sparrows and started distributing nests — free of cost — to people in the city.
- Starting in 2010, Sadhana has distributed over 1700 nests in nine years all over the country.
- She has initiated conversations on the sparrow population, visiting various schools to make the children aware of the species' importance in the environment.
- Sadhana believe that if you create a conducive environment, the population of sparrows will increase in the city.
Type of News
- Sparrows in cities
- Why are sparrows disappearing?
- How do we bring back sparrows?
- DIY sparrow nest box
- DIY bird feeder