Individual’s effort in urban water management - Green Chennai @ GreenExpo
Society Minded Person
Eco-friendly project/ Initiatives - Not-for-profits
Individual’s effort in urban water management
Chennai water crisis: 71 year old ‘Rain Man’ helps hundreds recharge their groundwater
Dr Sekhar Raghavan, founder of 'Rain Centre', is visiting housing complexes every day, hoping to use the upcoming monsoons to recharge the groundwater levels of Tamil Nadu’s capital.
- In early 2000s, Dr. Raghavan’s efforts in installing rainwater harvesting structures helped increase ground water levels by 20 feet.
- Started Rain Centre in 1995 to strategise and implement harvesting rainwater measures on a city level.
Type of News
Product/project launch or introduction/implementation
- Optimal design for rain water harvesting at home
- groundwater recharge in Chennai
- Groundwater recharge methods India
- Rainwater harvesting in cities in India