Women driven electric auto plans rolled out by an NGO - Green Chennai @ GreenExpo
Society Minded Person
Eco-friendly project/ Initiatives - Industries
Women driven electric auto plans rolled out by an NGO
Chennai to see 100 women-driven electric autos soon: Yasmeen Jawahar, CEO, Makkal Auto
A private auto service provider, Makkal Auto, rolled out the city’s first electric auto last week (August 25 2019).
- The battery life of the electric autos is 15 years and even after that, these batteries could be used as UPS at home.
- The capital cost of an LPG vehicle and an electric auto is the same — Rs 2.5 lakh and hence the major difference is observed in the operational cost.
Type of News
Startup or entrepreneur effort
- LPG and electric autorickshaws comparison
- Converting petrol/diesel to electric auto rickshaws in Chennai
- Solar powered auto-rickshaws in India
- EV charging infrastructure potential in Chennai