Resident Association invests in roadside rainwater harvesting systems - Green Chennai @ GreenExpo
Society Minded Person
Resident’s Initiative/ Training
Resident Association invests in roadside rainwater harvesting systems
Chennai folks harvest rainwater along roadside to recharge groundwater!
A long-term solution to water scarcity, this low-maintenance system costs just Rs 7,000 and it also prevents water from stagnating in the locality.
- 200 members of Chitlapakkam Muthulakshmi Nagar Welfare Association decided to collectively invest in water conservation in their locality by installing a roadside rainwater harvesting system.
- The construction of the structure was completed in 3-4 hours. The structure is five foot deep and has a wire mesh covering at the top to keep waste from accumulating in the pit.
- The association plans to replicate the model in 20 other locations in the area.
Type of Location
Type of News
Product/project launch or introduction/implementation
- Roadside rain water harvesting
- Ground water recharging in Chennai