Air pollution sensors installed in selected locations - Green Chennai @ GreenExpo
Eco-friendly project/ Initiatives - Government
Air pollution sensors installed in selected locations
TN government to instal 25 air quality monitoring stations
To be deployed in various district headquarters, the equipment will monitor and display 8 parameters of air quality.
- The project costing 40 cr is installing the monitors in educational institutions and other carefully selected location where peak pollution data can be easily measured.
- The data will be updated at a frequency of 15 minutes from the locations.
- The ambient air quality is being monitored in 28 locations in the city using dust samplers installed by Tami Nadu Pollution Control Board under the National Air Quality Monitoring Programme.
Type of Location
Type of News
Data points or metrics
- National Air Quality Monitoring Program
- Ambient air quality monitoring locations in Chennai
- Real time air quality in Chennai
- What is air quality index in India?
- Why air quality in a city matters?
- How is air quality index measured?
- Parameters to measure urban air quality index