Educational institute’s innovation in e-waste treatment - Green Chennai @ GreenExpo
Environmental Research and Innovation - Educational Institutions
Educational institute’s innovation in e-waste treatment
Turning e-waste to electricity: IIT Madras innovation is looking for takers
Scientists at IIT, Madras have come up with a novel technique to use LED/LCD glass as an electrode in Microbial Fuel Cells (MFC) which is primarily a technology used for wastewater treatment.
- E-waste can be used as a resource to treat wastewater and generate electricity simultaneously in the new technique developed by IIT Madras.
- At present, three-fourths of e-waste is handled in an unscientific manner.
Type of News
Startup or entrepreneur effort
- Uses of E-waste components in India
- E-waste to wealth in India
- E-waste disposal initiatives in Chennai
- E waste disposal initiatives India