Case study of water mis-management in urban regions - Green Chennai @ GreenExpo
Society Minded Person
Case Study - Industries
Case study of water mis-management in urban regions
How Chennai lost its water, a story that should worry you
Chennai has lost huge areas earlier covered by water bodies to development projects and illegal encroachments over decades.
- Chennai used to be water surplus cities till a couple of decades ago where as now there has been a rainfall decificit of 41% reported till June of 2019.
- Chennai’s population now is dependent on water tankers and its residents are doing their part in reconstructing the water structures at their homes, complexes and pavements.
Type of News
Something needs to be done about this
- Reasons for Chennai's water scarcity
- Chennai reservoirs
- Water management challenges in Chennai
- Economics of urban water resources planning and development India
- Chennai river management