Educational Institution pioneers sewage treatment technology - Green Chennai @ GreenExpo
Society Minded Person
Environmental Research and Innovation - Educational Institutions
Educational Institution pioneers sewage treatment technology
Recycle and reuse: Plan to convert 260 MLD sewage into freshwater
Chennai Metropolitan Water Supply and Sewerage Board (CMWSSB) to recycle sewage to potable water using tertiary treatment plants costing over 1000 crore with the help of IIT Madras.
- IIT Madras has a 4 MLD plant pioneered by Professor Ligy Philip that treats the sewage the campus generates and mixes it with the lake water since 2017.
- The test results show improved water quality and no trace of E.Coli, which meets the drinking water quality standards.
Type of News
Product/project launch or introduction/implementation
- Innovations in treating sewage for drinking
- IIT Madras sewage treatment plant
- Sewage to freshwater plants in India