Zero-waste weddings becoming popular in recent years - Green Chennai @ GreenExpo
Tradition and Culture Lover
Society Minded Person
Eco-friendly project/ Initiatives - Not-for-profits
Zero-waste weddings becoming popular in recent years
Plastic-free wedding: Chennai family shows the way!
It is demonstrated that it is indeed possible to go plastic-free, especially at a large event such as a wedding. From wedding shopping to return gifts, everything can be done the sustainable way.
- Kripa Ramachandran of Citizen, Consumer and Civiv Action Group (CAG) says that the current infrastructure and capacity to handle waste at one time is not present within the Corporation.
- Catering is the single largest source of plastic at a wedding and food waste is another aspect that was minimised as well.
- The challenges faces in waste utilisation during the wedding prompted CAG to create a Bulk Waste Producer directive.
Type of News
- Green weddings in Chennai
- Sustainable events in Chennai
- Green wedding planners in Chennai