Local government canteens to use biogas plants for cooking fuel - Green Chennai @ GreenExpo
Eco-friendly project/ Initiatives - Government
Local government canteens to use biogas plants for cooking fuel
RA Puram biogas plant revived, powers Amma canteen
Ward 173 from RA Puram has reinstalled a biogas plant that supplies fuel to the Amma canteen located in the same premises.
- Two of the six burners in the Amma Canteen are connected to the biogas supply.
- The plant produces 0.03 cubic m. for every kilo pf raw materials fed, and presently the civic body is collecting 500 kg of waste that give 6-7 kg of biogas.
- This is possible since waste is segregated at source and separate the smaller bits of plastic or paper that gets mixed.
Type of News
- Potential of biomethonation plants in Chennai
- Potential of biogas plants in India
- Biogas plant manufacturers in Chennai
- Applications of biogas plants in waste management initiatives
- Source segregation measures in Chennai